What exercises should I avoid if I have back or neck pain?

The exercises that you should avoid if you have back pain include: full sit-ups, crunches, flutter kicks, lifting with back instead of legs, and supermans. Any exercises that cause the back to go into hyperextension or full flexion should be avoided. (This answer provided for NATA by the University of Tampa Athletic Training Education Program)
If you have neck or back pain it is difficult to guess which exercises will cause pain or discomfort.  Generally speaking you should avoid any jarring, or jerking motions that can strain on the back or neck, and also avoid movements in which a load is far away from the body as this will put excessive amounts of strain on the back. Beyond those guidelines only avoid exercises that specifically aggravate your injuries.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

How do I perform side to side tube walking?
How do I perform side to side tube walking? Place tubing around your ankles. Keeping your feet strai...
How often should I exercise?
Walking 30 minutes a day can help you to improve your cardiovascular health. Learn more from our exp...
What does a set mean in exercise?
What does a set mean in exercise? Sets are a complete round of repetitions. Learn more from our expe...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?