question

What are the components of a good exercise program?

National Academy of Sports Medicine
National Academy of Sports Medicine
answer

A good exercise program should consist of several key components. These include, Flexibility training (stretching), Cardiorespiratory training (cardio), Core and Balance training (abs and glutes), and Resistance training (weights). Each of these components provides a different benefit to your overall fitness program. When starting, select 1-3 exercises from each category.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Why is it important to do passive range of motion (ROM) exercises?
Why is it important to do passive range of motion (ROM) exercises? Passive range of motion (ROM) exe...
Is cardio or circuit training better?
Is cardio or circuit training better? Both are important components of a well rounded fitness progra...
What are the three main types of exercise?
What are the three main types of exercise? Learn more from our experts about the three main types of...
How do I perform a single leg squat touchdown?
How do I perform a single leg squat touchdown? To perform a single leg squat touchdown, balance on o...