If my arms feel numb after weight lifting should I see a doctor?

Numbness signifies either compression of a nerve or decreased blood flow.  The most common scenario would be compression on a nerve either caused by inflammation after working out (like an adjacent tendon), or buy compression at the level that the nerves radiate out from the spine if the vertebrae are pulled together due to muscle contraction.  The nerves that supply the arms start off at the neck, so shrugs (for example) that work your trapezius muscles may tighten up your neck muscles and cause some compression.  You may also be tensing these muscles without noticing when you are doing certain presses or if you are using heavier weights and you are unable to isolate completely.
You should see an orthopedic who specialized in sports medicine in order to discuss your workout routine.  They can also observe the movements you make during your different sets and give you recommendations based on this.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a standing arm V raise with both arms?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Draw-in your navel and...
How do I perform a single leg cable pulldown with two arms?
Stand on one leg with your foot positioned straight ahead and knee slightly bent.  Grab a cable in e...
How Do I Perform a Romanian Deadlift?
How Do I Perform a Romanian Deadlift?