Are You at Risk for Diabetes?Take the Test
AskMDGet personalized advice for managing type 2 diabetes
1 in 3
Chance that an American has insulin resistance, a precursor to type 2 diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes Q&As
American Diabetes Association
Can type 2 diabetes be prevented?
Yes! The best way to prevent type 2 diabetes is to be fit and to maintain a healthy weight. Okay, that’s a lot easier said than done. However, knowing it can be done is encouraging! Studies show that people . . .
- Q Why does diabetes cause dry skin?
- Q Can a good diet help control type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are some myths about type 2 diabetes?
- Q Can I reverse the effects of type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the symptoms of type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the treatment options for type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the risk factors for type 2 diabetes?
- Q Can how much I sleep affect my risk for type 2 diabetes?
- Q What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- Q Does diabetes increase my risk of a heart attack?
Type 2 Diabetes Action Plans
Whether you're worried about your prediabetes risk or already have diabetes, here's how to take control of your health.
Lower Your Diabetes Risk Stop Prediabetes? What You Need to Know 3 Foods That Fend Off Diabetes ‘Out of Shape’ Young Men Risk Diabetes Later Learn More: See All Type 2 Diabetes Articles
Type 2 Diabetes Videos
The Anti-Diabetes Diet
Follow this winning formula to replace foods that spike your blood sugar with high-fiber foods that fight diabetes.
Diabetes-Friendly Comfort Foods
Try these lighter versions of "comfort" favorites from the American Diabetes Association.
Get the recipes