Tongue spasm can be caused by a variety of factors. This condition may be caused by excessive activity in the parts of the brain that control muscle movement. Disorders that can cause tongue spasm include stroke, cerebral palsy, and multiple sclerosis. Certain antipsychotic drugs can also cause tongue spasm.
- Q Will my tongue spasm go away?
- Q Can tongue spasm be caused by other illnesses?
- Q Can tongue spasm be prevented?
- Q Does tongue spasm run in families?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for tongue spasm?
- Q How can I prepare to discuss my tongue spasms with my doctor?