Tongue spasm can be caused by a variety of factors. This condition may be caused by excessive activity in the parts of the brain that control muscle movement. Disorders that can cause tongue spasm include stroke, cerebral palsy, and multiple sclerosis. Certain antipsychotic drugs can also cause tongue spasm.
- Q How can I prepare to discuss my tongue spasms with my doctor?
- Q Will my tongue spasm go away?
- Q Can tongue spasm be caused by other illnesses?
- Q Do tongue spasms affect children as well as adults?
- Q Does tongue spasm run in families?
- Q Are tongue spasms serious?