Tongue spasm can be caused by a variety of factors. This condition may be caused by excessive activity in the parts of the brain that control muscle movement. Disorders that can cause tongue spasm include stroke, cerebral palsy, and multiple sclerosis. Certain antipsychotic drugs can also cause tongue spasm.
- Q Do tongue spasms affect children as well as adults?
- Q What are some other conditions of which tongue spasm might be a symptom?
- Q How can I prepare to discuss my tongue spasms with my doctor?
- Q Are tongue spasms serious?
- Q What is tongue spasm?
- Q Can tongue spasm be caused by other illnesses?