How would x-rays be used to detect a throat disorder?

X-rays are often used to detect if throat cancer is your throat disorder. X-rays for throat cancer are often supplemented by having the patient swallow barium. Barium makes the throat more visible on the x-rays. X-rays may also be used to detect the cancer in the lungs. Lung cancer and throat cancer sometimes occur at the same time.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How is a head and neck exam used to diagnose throat disorders?
The process of diagnosing throat disorders begins mostly with a direct examination of the head and n...
How is gastric reflux connected to throat disorders?
Gastric reflux occurs when problems with the esophagus cause stomach acid to move upwards into the e...
How is cancer distinguished from other throat disorders?
If you come to a doctor reporting throat problems, they will most likely evaluate other problems...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?