Why is tea the most widely consumed beverage in the world?

Tea is the most consumed drink in the world after water. Originating from China, tea has gained the world’s taste in the past 2000 years and is an important aspect of Chinese society. The economic and social interest of tea is clear and its consumption is part of many people’s daily routine, as an everyday drink and as a therapeutic aid in many illnesses. Today, there are more than 1,500 types of teas to choose from because over 25 countries cultivate tea as a plantation crop. China is one of the main producers of tea, and tea remains China’s (the world's largest country) national drink.

Continue Learning about Tea & Health

White Tea For The Win?
White Tea For The Win?
Looking to shift your diet in a healthier direction or lose some unwanted excess pounds? Maybe now is a good time to turn on the kettle and pour yours...
Is hot green tea better for me than cold green tea?
Is hot green tea better for me than cold green tea? As long as you steep it long enough to release t...
How Is Herbal Tea Different From Regular Tea?
What Are the Health Benefits of White Tea?