As long as you steep it long enough to release the antioxidants, you can drink it hot or cold and get the same potential health benefits. Research has shown small loose leaves (or your tea bag) that are steeped between 2-5 minutes optimally boost the polyphenols (antioxidants) in the green tea. Bottled ice tea may not have been brewed long enough to release its benefits before being bottled. But if you steep the tea for at least 3 minutes, you can drink it hot, cooled down or over ice. One minor difference is that hot tea retains more caffeine than cold green tea.
- Q What are the health benefits of white tea?
- Q Can drinking tea speed up metabolism?
- Q Is green tea good for bone health?
- Q How can drinking tea help me burn more calories?
- Q Can I drink tea if I'm trying to avoid caffeine?
- Q What are the benefits of Enviga green tea launched by Coca-Cola?