As long as you steep it long enough to release the antioxidants, you can drink it hot or cold and get the same potential health benefits. Research has shown small loose leaves (or your tea bag) that are steeped between 2-5 minutes optimally boost the polyphenols (antioxidants) in the green tea. Bottled ice tea may not have been brewed long enough to release its benefits before being bottled. But if you steep the tea for at least 3 minutes, you can drink it hot, cooled down or over ice. One minor difference is that hot tea retains more caffeine than cold green tea.
- Q Why should I avoid making my own herbal teas?
- Q How can drinking green tea help fight prostate cancer?
- Q Is green tea good for bone health?
- Q Why is tea the most widely consumed beverage in the world?
- Q What are the benefits of Enviga green tea launched by Coca-Cola?
- Q Is tea a healthy alternative to coffee?