As long as you steep it long enough to release the antioxidants, you can drink it hot or cold and get the same potential health benefits. Research has shown small loose leaves (or your tea bag) that are steeped between 2-5 minutes optimally boost the polyphenols (antioxidants) in the green tea. Bottled ice tea may not have been brewed long enough to release its benefits before being bottled. But if you steep the tea for at least 3 minutes, you can drink it hot, cooled down or over ice. One minor difference is that hot tea retains more caffeine than cold green tea.
- Q How is green tea good for brain health?
- Q Can I drink tea if I'm trying to avoid caffeine?
- Q How should I brew green tea?
- Q How does green tea extract help me lose weight?
- Q What effect can green tea have on my health?
- Q Is green tea a good addition to a healthy diet?