Is hot green tea better for me than cold green tea?

As long as you steep it long enough to release the antioxidants, you can drink it hot or cold and get the same potential health benefits. Research has shown small loose leaves (or your tea bag) that are steeped between 2-5 minutes optimally boost the polyphenols (antioxidants) in the green tea. Bottled ice tea may not have been brewed long enough to release its benefits before being bottled. But if you steep the tea for at least 3 minutes, you can drink it hot, cooled down or over ice. One minor difference is that hot tea retains more caffeine than cold green tea.

Continue Learning about Tea & Health

The Ultimate Iced Tea: Green!
The Ultimate Iced Tea: Green!
If you missed one of our most popular blogs on just how good green tea is for you, take a quick detour -- 6 Reasons to Drink Green Tea -- and then com...
Is green tea a good addition to a healthy diet?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Sipping green tea throughout the day may give unexpected health benefits. Tea is full of catechins, ...
How does green tea extract help me lose weight?
Green tea extract contains compounds called catechins that may affect how your body burns calories a...
Burn More Calories With Tea
Burn More Calories With Tea