What are suicide triggers?

Suicide "triggers" refer to factors about a person's condition and/or in their environment that may provoke the action of suicide. Such things may not be triggers to some, while they can be significant triggers for others. Reducing or eliminating these may help to reduce and redirect the person's thoughts and actions concerning suicide. One important risk factor is the existence of a previous suicide attempt.

Continue Learning about Suicide & Suicidal Behavior

What should I do if I have thoughts of suicide?
Ileen CravenIleen Craven
Pain comes in many forms and though many are taught about physical pain, there is less conversation ...
How can I help a relative who has attempted suicide?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
The skills we need for approaching a person who attempted suicide are ones that do not generally com...
How can I get a person who wants to commit suicide admitted to hospital?
People with serious mental illness who are having ideas about suicide need medical help as well as t...
What are global statistics on suicide?
The following statistics illustrate the extent of the global problem on suicide: One million sui...