Should I talk to my doctor about my stroke symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

A stroke is a serious, life-threatening condition that requires emergency treatment. The earlier a person with the condition gets treatment, the less damage to the brain will occur. Symptoms to watch out for include a sudden, excruciating headache; paralysis; difficulty speaking; and confusion. If you have these symptoms or see an individual you think might be experiencing a stroke, call for an ambulance.

Continue Learning about Stroke

You Can Prevent a Brain Attack
You Can Prevent a Brain Attack
Thanks to amazing medical advances, more people than ever are surviving strokes -- the blood clots and leaks that block blood flow to parts of the bra...
How do other illnesses affect a stroke?
People with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes are at a higher risk for strokes. Ov...
Is TPA a Cure for Stroke?
Is TPA a Cure for Stroke?
What Causes Stroke?
What Causes Stroke?