Unfortunately, there is no cure for strokes. A stroke requires emergency medical attention, and even with early treatment, the condition can be fatal. Severe bleeding or a lack of blood flow in the brain can cause permanent damage, and in many cases, people have lasting physical problems that may affect their mobility, speech, or memory.
- Q Is tPA a cure for stroke?
- Q How much time do doctors have to treat a person who has had a stroke?
- Q How do medications treat a stroke?
- Q What can I expect at the hospital if I am having a stroke?
- Q What is the best treatment for a stroke?
- Q Why is it important for someone to go to the ER if having a stroke?