Unfortunately, there is no cure for strokes. A stroke requires emergency medical attention, and even with early treatment, the condition can be fatal. Severe bleeding or a lack of blood flow in the brain can cause permanent damage, and in many cases, people have lasting physical problems that may affect their mobility, speech, or memory.
- Q What are some new developments in the treatment of acute stroke?
- Q Why must a stroke be treated immediately?
- Q What should I do if I think someone is having a stroke?
- Q What is tPA, and why is it important in stroke treatment?
- Q How is a stroke treated?
- Q Why is stroke management important?