How is the cause of neurovascular symptoms determined?

To determine the cause of neurovascular symptoms, your physician will begin with a diagnostic angiogram. This procedure involves inserting a catheter into your femoral artery, located in your groin. This catheter is guided into your aorta, then into the blood vessels in your neck. Contrast (dye) is injected, and multiple pictures are taken of the vessels in your neck and head. These pictures, the angiogram, are then analyzed and a treatment plan developed.

Continue Learning about Stroke Warning Signs & Symptoms

Stroke Awareness and Timely Action
Stroke Awareness and Timely Action
Roberto De Vicenzo signed an incorrect scorecard at the 1968 Masters (the Argentinian’s score on the 17th hole was three, not four). He overlooked tha...
How can I distinguish a stroke from more common complaints?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Most of us have headaches or clumsy spells now and then. But the symptoms of stroke will seem unusua...
How will I know when a brain stroke will strike?
You may not know if and when a stroke will strike, but a future of functional disability may be seal...
How Do I Know If Someone Is Having a Stroke?