What is the role of a rehabilitation nurse in stroke rehabilitation?

A rehabilitation nurse helps you learn to carry out the activities involved in daily personal care. These include taking your medication on the right schedule, bathing, using the bathroom, and getting yourself in and out of a wheelchair. Rehabilitation nurses can also teach you exercises and other strategies to control incontinence. Rehabilitation nurses educate relatives, friends, and other caregivers about how to take care of someone who has had a stroke.

Continue Learning about Stroke Rehabilitation

How should I choose a stroke rehabilitation program?
Dr. Natalia S. Rost, MDDr. Natalia S. Rost, MD
You need to weigh a number of important factors when choosing a stroke rehabilitation program. Guide...
How can stroke outcomes be improved?
SCAISCAI
Over the past 30 years, improvements in the treatment of heart attack have dramatically reduced the ...
What type of exercise helps chronic stroke victims with balance?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Many kinds of therapy are available for people who've had strokes. In this video, Dr. Robin Mill...
When can I go home from the hospital after I've had a stroke?
Reston Hospital CenterReston Hospital Center
Patients generally stay in the hospital for two to three days after a stroke.