What kind of doctor should I see if I need to be checked for skin cancer?

Your family doctor is well trained to assess you for skin cancer. If you have a mole, freckle or other skin lesion that is new, changing, large, asymmetric, has irregular borders, is variably colored, is bleeding, irritating or is otherwise bothering you it is wise to have it checked out sooner rather than later. If you need to see a subspecialist, your family doctor may refer you to a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in skin diseases).

Continue Learning about Skin Cancers

Know the Signs: Skin Cancer
Know the Signs: Skin Cancer
Despite better screening methods, more public awareness and more advanced treatments, the rates of skin cancer continue to rise. It’s been estimated ...
What do I need to know to care for someone with skin cancer?
To care for someone with skin cancer, it's important to support them both physically and emotionally...
What Really Works to Fight Skin Cancer
What Really Works to Fight Skin CancerWhat Really Works to Fight Skin CancerWhat Really Works to Fight Skin CancerWhat Really Works to Fight Skin Cancer
Learn about the treatment options for skin cancer.
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest
Prevent Skin Cancer With Lemon Zest