Can having sex boost my immune system and prevent a cold?

While no specific research proves that having sex prevent colds, sex is a form of physical exercise, and exercise is known to boost immunity and help your body fight infections. Sex may also relieve stress, which can lower the body’s defenses against disease.
Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
One Pennsylvania study found that college students who had sex once or twice a week had higher levels of immunoglobulin A, an immune-system-boosting antibody.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

How to Feel Irresistibly Sexy by Tonight
Everyone has the occasional dry spell. That’s okay. You already have all the tools necessary to exude sexiness. Whether you need a little confidence b...
Sex Therapy Is Not What You Think—Here’s Why
Let’s face it, for many couples, there are times when the fireworks may fizzle a little—or a lot. There may be relationship issues that get in the way...
What can cause a woman to experience pain during sex?
Among other things, painful sex may be caused by:A "tipped" uterus: In most women, the ute...
How Can I Get My Partner in the Mood for Sex?