How do I manage rickets on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Managing rickets on a daily basis is a matter of ensuring that your child is getting the appropriate levels of vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus. Give them fish and plenty of vitamin D fortified products, like bread, breakfast cereal, orange juice, and milk products. Allow for moderate levels of sun exposure. If symptoms of rickets have already developed, consult a physician to monitor your child's progress. If kidney disorders are the cause of rickets, follow the recommended supplement schedule provided by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Rickets

What are the treatment options for rickets?
Depending on the cause of a child's rickets, treatment options may vary. If a vitamin D deficiency i...
Should I talk to my doctor about rickets?
If you suspect that your child might be experiencing any of the symptoms of rickets, you should cons...
What causes rickets?
Rickets is the result of a lack of vitamin D in the body, which leads to a phosphorus and calcium im...
What is rickets?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Rickets used to be a fairly common childhood disease due to vitamin D deficiency and lack of sunligh...