What happens if I miss a dose of the rabies vaccine?

If you miss a dose of rabies vaccine, your doctor will help you reschedule it as soon as possible. It is important not to miss doses of rabies vaccine, especially if you are being treated after encountering a rabid animal. If you discover that you have missed a dose, call your doctor's office immediately if they have not already called. You may be able to reschedule your dose for the same day.

Continue Learning about Rabies Vaccine

What should I avoid after receiving the rabies vaccine?
Your doctor may recommend that you avoid taking immunosuppressive drugs, such as anti-malarials, ami...
Who should not receive the rabies vaccine?
The benefits of receiving the rabies vaccine injection after encountering a potentially rabid animal...
Is there a generic version of the rabies vaccine?
Rabies vaccine is not available as a generic at this time. It is available under the brand names Imo...
How does the rabies vaccine react with other drugs or foods?
The rabies vaccine does not interact with foods. However, the vaccine can interact with other drugs ...