What should I avoid after receiving the rabies vaccine?

Your doctor may recommend that you avoid taking immunosuppressive drugs, such as anti-malarials, aminoquinolines or corticosteroids, both before and after getting vaccinated. These medications can interact with the vaccine and make it more likely for you to be infected with rabies. Since the rabies vaccine can cause dizziness, avoid doing activities such as driving or operating machines until you feel better. Talk to your doctor about the possible risks to a nursing infant if you are breastfeeding after being vaccinated.

Continue Learning about Rabies Vaccine

How should I receive the rabies vaccine?
Rabies vaccine is an intramuscular injection, meaning that it is injected into muscle tissue. A medi...
Is it true that a rabies vaccine isn't as painful as it used to be?
In the past, rabies vaccine used to require up to three weeks of painful, daily injections in th...
Are there any risks associated with receiving the rabies vaccine?
The risks associated with receiving the rabies vaccine are considered minimal compared with the bene...
The First Person to Survive Rabies Without a Vaccine