How is gluten intolerance linked to sleep?

You wouldn’t think being sensitive to gluten would have any effect on sleep, but there is in fact a strong connection. A team of researchers found that people with this condition -- even those following a gluten-free diet -- commonly suffer from sleep disorders that are related to depression, anxiety, and fatigue. It is, to put it mildly, a vicious cycle:
  • When you’re tired and down, you’re not likely to sleep well, which can then play into digestive issues. Add to that a sensitivity to an ingredient as ubiquitous as gluten and there’s bound to be trouble.
  • The reverse holds true as well: when your eating life is challenged by celiac, you run a higher risk of having physical ailments that hinder restful sleep.

Continue Learning about Protein

Pick This Protein to Cut Throat Cancer Risk
White meat, or red? Your preference could help push your risk of throat cancer a bit lower. Case in point: In a study, people who ate the most red me...
Why should I eat organic sources of protein?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
I believe that organic makes a difference across the board, especially as we move up the food ch...
Which foods should I eat to get the most protein in my diet?
Eating cottage cheese instead of yogurt gives you more protein in your diet. Watch the video to find...
Why Should I Have a High Protein Breakfast?