What are the side effects of laser removal of brown spots?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
The lasers that treat brown spots are also some of the lasers that treat tattoos. Because they significantly heat the pigment in the skin, they usually cause blistering. Healing takes five to eight days and often leaves a reddened area that can result in a white area. Scarring and permanent pigmentation changes are possible.
Straight Talk about Cosmetic Surgery (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)

The public’s recent exuberance toward cosmetic surgery has spurred an unprecedented demand for appearance-changing procedures. But how can an average consumer discern the hype from solid truth? ...

Continue Learning about Professional Beauty Treatments

should i worry that other people will notice I have had work done ?
What’s the worst thing that can happen? You’re sniped at for being superficial because you Botoxed y...
how can i deal with pain from a cosmetic treatment ?
The reality is that some treatments do hurt: Lip-plumping injections, for instance, often elicit whi...
what questions should i ask the doctor before my cosmetic treatment ?
Questions you should ask include:How long has the doctor been in practice, and how many procedures l...
what is plasma skin regeneration ( portrait ) ?
Plasma skin rejuvenation (Portrait) is a nonablative procedure that improves skin texture and reduce...