Can I still have sex if I have been diagnosed with placenta previa?

If you have been diagnosed with placenta previa (the placenta remains in the lower portion of the uterus, partly or completely covering this opening), you should not have sex. Sex may lead to complications, like contractions and bleeding. Such complications may trigger an emergency delivery before you and your baby are ready. Explain these risks and complications to your partner.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

Everything You Need to Know About This High-Risk Pregnancy Condition
Although it’s relatively uncommon, affecting just 3.4 percent of pregnancies in the US each year, preeclampsia is a complication that can have serious...
Should I be worried about amniotic sac disorders?
There is a lot to worry about when you are pregnant. Amniotic sac disorders are not common and there...
What causes a pregnancy mask?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
While the exact cause of melasma is unknown, it is thought that pregnancy, oral contraceptives, ...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children