What does a one-ounce portion look like?

When it comes to nuts and some other dry foods, we have quite a few different tools to measure a one-ounce serving. This includes a small baby food jar, a shot glass, a 3x3-inch sticky note, a one-quarter-cup measuring device, and a small spice jar.

Continue Learning about Portion Control

Grab This Utensil to Eat Less
Grab This Utensil to Eat Less
No, it's not a single chopstick (although that would certainly work). It's a big fork. In a recent study done at an Italian restaurant, researchers f...
How can I control my food portions?
Ruth FrechmanRuth Frechman
Often times, it's not what we eat. It's how much we eat. Not everyone wants to take the time to meas...
How do large food portions affect weight?
Laura Motosko, MSEd, RDLaura Motosko, MSEd, RD
The more food that is on your plate the more you are likely to eat it. Our stomach has a capacity to...
Use Bigger Utensils to Eat Less
Use Bigger Utensils to Eat Less