How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q What is a thoracic surgeon?
- Q What are different types of coughs?
- Q What are the different parts of your lungs-and what does each do?
- Q Why is lung resection surgery performed?
- Q Does homeopathy help treat respiratory ailments?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with pleurisy?