How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q What are possible complications of respiratory disorders?
- Q What are some serious complications of respiratory problems?
- Q How is nail clubbing related to lung disease?
- Q How are pleural effusions different between children and adults?
- Q What is pleurisy?
- Q Can donor cause of death affect the survival of lung transplant recipients?