How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q What causes me to cough up phlegm when I don’t have a cold?
- Q How can arm endurance training help people with lung diseases?
- Q What are pleural cavity disorders?
- Q What are symptoms of airway obstruction?
- Q Does PLCH affect adults differently than children?
- Q How can lower extremity endurance training help people with lung diseases?