How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q How are pleural effusions different between children and adults?
- Q Why shouldn't I neglect to treat small breathing problems?
- Q What lifestyle habits have the most effects on lungs?
- Q Why are your lungs more like sponges than balloons?
- Q How can I stop an uncontrollable cough?
- Q Are pleural cavity disorders serious?