How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q What are the different parts of your lungs-and what does each do?
- Q What lifestyle habits have the most effects on lungs?
- Q What should I do if I experience shortness of breath (dyspnea)?
- Q What is pleurisy?
- Q How can arm endurance training help people with lung diseases?
- Q Can donor cause of death affect the survival of lung transplant recipients?