How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q How can stretching exercises help people with lung diseases?
- Q Can donor cause of death affect the survival of lung transplant recipients?
- Q What is pleurisy?
- Q What is interstitial lung disease?
- Q Does homeopathy help treat respiratory ailments?
- Q Is pleurisy known by any other names?