How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q Why shouldn't I live too close to a freeway or major road?
- Q Can donor cause of death affect the survival of lung transplant recipients?
- Q What's an easy, do-it-yourself test to measure your lung health?
- Q What sort of diet can help protect against lung disease?
- Q Is pleurisy serious?
- Q What are different types of coughs?