How long pleurisy lasts depends on what causes it. If the cause can be fully treated and cured, such as an infection, you are likely to fully recover from your pleurisy. Unfortunately, if the cause of pleurisy is serious and difficult to treat, then your pleurisy will take longer to heal or may even continue indefinitely. Talk to your doctor about how treatment may affect your recovery time.
- Q How can strength training exercises help people with lung diseases?
- Q What are different types of coughs?
- Q Can donor lungs be excluded from transplant based on the cause of death?
- Q What are pleural cavity disorders?
- Q What is a Himalayan Salt Inhaler?
- Q How do people with lung disease know they need oxygen?