Life expectancy with chronic pancreatitis is reduced by 10 to 15 years. When acute pancreatitis is severe with damage and bleeding or inflammation that has spread to other organs, the likelihood of fatality can be as high as 50 percent. Milder cases of acute pancreatitis often have complete recovery with minimal effect on life expectancy.
- Q What lifestyle changes should I make if I have acute pancreatitis?
- Q How do I mange pancreatitis on a daily basis?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with pancreatitis?
- Q How do other illnesses affect me when I have pancreatitis?
- Q How do I manage chronic pancreatitis on a daily basis?
- Q What kind of diet do I need to be on if I have pancreatitis?