How will I know what type of surgery is right for my pancreatic cancer?

John A. Chabot
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
The type of surgery performed depends mostly on the location of the tumor in your pancreas. Your surgeon will recommend the procedure that removes the tumor and affected tissue while safely preserving as much of the pancreas as possible. 

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Treatment

What are the treatment options for stage 2 pancreatic cancer?
The treatments for pancreatic cancer include those that remove the cancer, those that prevent the ca...
Is surgery viable for people with advanced pancreatic cancer?
NorthShore University HealthSystemNorthShore University HealthSystem
You can take people with stage IV colorectal cancer in their liver, which they’re told it's inop...
What is the second-line treatment for pancreatic cancer?
There are few proven, effective second-line treatments that are available to us. Any time that w...
How does radiation treat pancreatic cancer?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
Like chemotherapy, radiation therapy is sometimes used before surgery, after surgery, or both. W...