How do syrup-based drinks cause pancreatic cancer?

The risk of developing pancreatic cancer is related in part to the amount of sugar in the diet. Studies show that people who drink fizzy or syrup-based drinks twice a day or more run a 90 percent higher risk of getting cancer of the pancreas than those who never drink them.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

How does age affect the risk of pancreatic cancer?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
The risk of developing pancreatic cancer increases after age 50. Most patients are between the ages ...
How do genes and family history affect pancreatic cancer risk?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Approximately 5% to 10% of pancreatic cancer is considered to be hereditary. For those who have a fa...
How does pancreatitis increase my risk of pancreatic cancer?
Pancreatitis is a chronic inflammation of the pancreas and a known risk factor for pancreatic cancer...
What gene mutations increase my risk of pancreatic cancer?
John A. ChabotJohn A. Chabot
The below conditions are currently linked to pancreatic cancer: - Breast and Ovarian Cancer BRCA1...