How does age affect the risk of pancreatic cancer?

John A. Chabot
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
The risk of developing pancreatic cancer increases after age 50. Most patients are between the ages of 60 and 80 at the time of diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Pancreatic Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

How does my weight affect my risk of pancreatic cancer?
Having a body mass index (BMI) over 30 significantly increases risk for pancreatic cancer. One study...
What increases my risk for stage 4 pancreatic cancer?
As you age, your risk for pancreatic cancer increases. Most cases occur in people older than 50. Mor...
What increases my risk for stage 3 pancreatic cancer?
Who should be screened for pancreatic cancer?
Fay Kastrinos, MDFay Kastrinos, MD
Research has shed light on multi-organ cancer syndromes that increase the risk of developing pancrea...