How do carbohydrates work together with proteins and fats?

Carbohydrates, proteins, and fat work together to give your body the nutrients it needs. These three products provide 90 percent of your diet and 100 percent of your energy. Carbohydrates supply energy to the body in the speediest manner of the three. Fats are the slowest to supply energy. Carbohydrates are broken down into sugars, proteins into amino acids, and fats into fatty acids.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Feeling Fat? Eat This Fish for Protection
Okay, so maybe you're not at your dream weight. (Who is?) But you could guard against some of the health risks that come with extra pounds just by eat...
How can I lower my ghrelin levels so I'm less hungry?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Grehlin levels remain high until food stretches the wall of your stomach making you feel full. High ...
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's6 Low-Calorie Foods To Buy at Trader Joe's
Cauliflower pizza crust and other prepackaged foods that won’t blow your diet.
What Should the Government Do to Solve the Obesity Problem?