How do carbohydrates work together with proteins and fats?

Carbohydrates, proteins, and fat work together to give your body the nutrients it needs. These three products provide 90 percent of your diet and 100 percent of your energy. Carbohydrates supply energy to the body in the speediest manner of the three. Fats are the slowest to supply energy. Carbohydrates are broken down into sugars, proteins into amino acids, and fats into fatty acids.

Continue Learning about Nutrition and Weight Loss

Burn More Calories with This Sandwich Choice
Energy used for digestion accounts for a good chunk of your daily calorie burn. And you can boost that burn even higher just by choosing whole-grain b...
How should I eat if I have a box body type and want to lose weight?
If you find yourself possessing the attributes of both an apple and a pear, you are likely a box...
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss5 Essential Foods for Weight Loss
Want to shed pounds? These five foods can help you reach your weight-loss goals.
What Are Some Eating Habits That Could Be Contributing to My Weight Gain?