Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?

Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette smoking may not directly cause a specific nose disorder, smoking irritates the lining of the nasal passages, which can lead to various nose disorders. Tobacco smoke increases the likelihood and severity of many of the symptoms common to inflammatory nose disorders like congestion, runny nose, and sinusitis, as well as triggering asthma, which may contribute to some nose disorders.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?