Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?

Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette smoking may not directly cause a specific nose disorder, smoking irritates the lining of the nasal passages, which can lead to various nose disorders. Tobacco smoke increases the likelihood and severity of many of the symptoms common to inflammatory nose disorders like congestion, runny nose, and sinusitis, as well as triggering asthma, which may contribute to some nose disorders.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?