Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?

Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette smoking may not directly cause a specific nose disorder, smoking irritates the lining of the nasal passages, which can lead to various nose disorders. Tobacco smoke increases the likelihood and severity of many of the symptoms common to inflammatory nose disorders like congestion, runny nose, and sinusitis, as well as triggering asthma, which may contribute to some nose disorders.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA VirginiaRetreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA Virginia
Allergies, sometimes referred to as allergic rhinitis, are a very common health problem involving an...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?