What is the best way to take manganese?

Manganese should be taken on an empty stomach to maximize its absorption into the body. The dosage is determined by your doctor, but for adults will typically be between two and five milligrams per day. If a dose of manganese is missed, take it as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for the next scheduled dose. If this is the case, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule. Never take two doses at once.

Continue Learning about Minerals

Calcium Where You Least Expect It
Calcium Where You Least Expect It
If you don't do dairy -- or dairy doesn't agree with you -- it's easy to get your calcium in pills. But you miss the extras that you get by eating foo...
Why should I consume the right amount of trace minerals?
Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDariush Mozaffarian, MD
Too much of one trace mineral can cause or contribute to a deficiency of another; for example, a min...
How can I take cobalt?
Cobalt is part of the vitamin B12 molecule. You can take cobalt through several different means....
Selenium Keeps You Young
Selenium Keeps You Young