Food hoarding is about surviving. And food hoarding is often directly connected to childhood neglect, such as not having basic needs for food inadequately met or denied. This type of experience triggers a survival mode mentality. The necessity to take care of him or herself before a child is developmentally ready can lead to emotional issues, obsessive-compulsive behaviors, and challenges adjusting to future life cycle changes. Food hording is just one of them.
- Q What items are commonly hoarded by compulsive hoarders?
- Q What should I do if my child's friend is hoarding?
- Q How do I know if I am a compulsive hoarder?
- Q What is the most infamous case of compulsive hoarding?
- Q When does compulsive hoarding usually begin?
- Q What causes hoarding?