Is it normal for one testicle to be bigger than the other one?

Asymmetry of certain organs can be normal. However, in some cases, this can be a warning sign for a more serious condition. Sometimes an enlarged testis can be caused by an infection, a hernia, a cyst, fluid-filled collection, or even a cancer. It is difficult to tell the difference between these causes. Therefore, if you notice a change in the size of your testis, you should consult your doctor, who can do tests to diagnose your condition.
Just as penis size varies from one man to another, so does testicular size. Some men have smaller testicles and others have larger testicles, but the vast majority of adult men are close to the average measurement of 2 inches long and 1.2 inches wide.

Most men find that one testicle is slightly bigger than the other or hangs lower than the other. Usually, it is the left testicle that hangs lower (though the right testicle may be larger), as a result of fetal development. In most cases, testicular size has nothing to do with a man’s fertility or his sexual function, and slight differences in testicular size are not cause for concern.

However, if a man notices a significant change to the size of one of his testicles or experiences soreness, sensitivity, or bumps, he should always check in with a healthcare provider to rule out potentially harmful conditions, including a vericocele, a sexually transmitted infection, or testicular cancer.
Usually the left testicle is a little bit larger and a bit lower but watch for any unusual lump or change.

[media id="PRD__4cab799940ef14_51743156" title="Testicle Size"]

Continue Learning about Testes

Will setting my laptop on my lap affect my genitals?
It only makes sense that a laptop be set on the lap, but is it safe? In this video, I will reveal ho...
What is a hydrocele?
A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac around a testicle. Hydroceles are often first noticed as swelling ...
How can I protect my testicles from injury?
Dr. Harry Fisch, MDDr. Harry Fisch, MD
As every guy knows, the penis and testicles are not very well protected from the vagaries of life. I...
Is It Normal for One Testicle to Be Bigger Than the Other One?