Is it possible to completely prevent asthma attacks?

It is not possible to completely prevent asthma attacks. Asthma attacks can still happen even if people are doing everything right. That’s why it's important that people with asthma and their family, teachers, and friends know what to do. People with asthma need an asthma action plan, so they and everyone else know what to do if they have an asthma attack. Doctors and other members of the asthma team will help people develop an asthma action plan.

Continue Learning about Living With Asthma

What Goes In An Asthma Action Plan
What Goes In An Asthma Action Plan
No matter how mild or severe your asthma is, healthcare experts recommend that you have an Asthma Action Plan, a written document that you create with...
How can I control my asthma?
Your asthma is considered under control if you use your rescue (short acting) inhaler less than 2 ti...
How do I take an accurate peak flow measurement for asthma?
To take an accurate peak flow measurement for asthma, do the following: Move the marker to the b...
What Are Some Good Exercises for People with Asthma?