Can bad knees affect your back?

Yes. Knee pain can cause you to change your posture in an effort to avoid it. Since our back muscles make frequent but small adjustments, this can cause spasms and tension or just tire those muscles out. This can lead to more aches and pains in your back. It's important for everyone to strengthen his or her core and back to prevent this.

Continue Learning about Knee Pain

Why Knee Injury Is So Common
Why Knee Injury Is So Common
Picture this: You're squatting down to pick up your kid, when suddenly you hear a pop from your knee followed by a sharp pain. You've done this squat ...
What causes patellofemoral pain syndrome (PFPS)?
Scott D. Martin, MDScott D. Martin, MD
Patellofemoral pain (runner's knee) often results from alterations in patellar tracking. Three m...
10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try
10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try10 Easy Knee-Pain Treatments That You Need to Try
Soothe your achy knees with these expert-approved tips and treatments.
What Can I Do for Knee Pain?
What Can I Do for Knee Pain?