The knee is one of the largest and most complex joints in the body. It's susceptible to damage from injury and overuse, and the wear and tear of aging makes it even more vulnerable. So if your knees hurt, join the club. Knee pain brings more people to the doctor's office than any other musculoskeletal problem.
Can Cycling or Running Wear
See the answer
AskMDGot knee pain? Find out more about your symptoms
The percentage of adults who develop knee arthritis by age 85
Michael Roizen, MD
Knee Pain Q&As
Rick Olderman, MSPT
What exercises can help relieve knee pain?
If you find an exercise that feels good, then do it as often as you can. Trust your body, it knows what it likes! In particular, stretches should always feel good . . .
- Q How is Hoffa's syndrome treated?
- Q Besides squats, are there other hip exercises to help my knee pain?
- Q What can cause a sudden pain in my knee?
- Q What causes Hoffa's syndrome?
- Q How can I help prevent knee pain while sleeping?
- Q What are the causes of knee pain?
- Q How can I help prevent knee pain?
- Q How is Hoffa's syndrome diagnosed?
- Q What is a Hoffa's pad?
- Q What exercises can help relieve knee pain?
Recent Knee Pain Articles
If you’re struggling with aching knees, use these expert strategies to live pain-free.
Are You Killing Your Knees? My Hands Feel Numb and Tingly – Is that Normal? Hip Fracture Dangers Try These Ginger Recipes for Joint Health See All Articles