The knee is one of the largest and most complex joints in the body. It's susceptible to damage from injury and overuse, and the wear and tear of aging makes it even more vulnerable. So if your knees hurt, join the club. Knee pain brings more people to the doctor's office than any other musculoskeletal problem.
Can Cycling or Running Wear
See the answer
AskMDGot knee pain? Find out more about your symptoms
The percentage of adults who develop knee arthritis by age 85
Michael Roizen, MD
Knee Pain Q&As
Rick Olderman, MSPT
What exercises can help relieve knee pain?
If you find an exercise that feels good, then do it as often as you can. Trust your body, it knows what it likes! In particular, stretches should always feel good . . .
- Q Would a pain-relieving injection help my knee pain?
- Q How are knee injuries treated?
- Q What can cause a sudden pain in my knee?
- Q How can I treat pain in the front of my knee?
- Q What causes pain in the front of the knee?
- Q How is Hoffa's syndrome treated?
- Q How is Hoffa's syndrome diagnosed?
- Q What causes Hoffa's syndrome?
- Q What is a Hoffa's pad?
- Q What is Hoffa's syndrome?
Recent Knee Pain Articles
If you’re struggling with aching knees, use these expert strategies to live pain-free.
Lose Weight to Fight Knee Pain Are You Killing Your Knees? Soothe Stiff Joints with This Sleep Position Water Aerobics for Better Knee Cartilage See All Articles