The knee is one of the largest and most complex joints in the body. It's susceptible to damage from injury and overuse, and the wear and tear of aging makes it even more vulnerable. So if your knees hurt, join the club. Knee pain brings more people to the doctor's office than any other musculoskeletal problem.Brace Yourself for Less Knee Pain
Can Cycling or Running Wear
See the answer
AskMDGot knee pain? Find out more about your symptoms
The percentage of adults who develop knee arthritis by age 85
Michael Roizen, MD
Knee Pain Q&As
Rick Olderman, MSPT
What exercises can help relieve knee pain?
If you find an exercise that feels good, then do it as often as you can. Trust your body, it knows what it likes! In particular, stretches should always feel good . . .
- Q What should I expect during a knee examination?
- Q What are the causes of knee pain?
- Q How is Hoffa's syndrome diagnosed?
- Q What exercises can help relieve knee pain?
- Q What can I do to help with post arthroscopy knee pain?
- Q Is there a permanent fix for patellofemoral syndrome?
- Q How can I help prevent knee pain?
- Q What is a Hoffa's pad?
- Q What muscles can cause knee pain?
- Q How does obesity affect knee pain?