When should I call my doctor if I am having a hemorrhagic stroke?

A hemorrhagic stroke is a serious, life-threatening condition that requires emergency treatment. The earlier a person with the condition gets treatment, the less damage to the brain will occur. Symptoms to watch out for include a sudden, excruciating headache; paralysis; difficulty speaking; and confusion. If you have these symptoms or see an individual you think might be experiencing a stroke, call for an ambulance.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhagic Stroke

What is a hemorrhagic stroke?
Greenville Health SystemGreenville Health System
Hemorrhagic strokes result from bleeding inside the brain. There are two types of hemorrhagic stroke...
How do other illnesses affect a hemorrhagic stroke?
People with chronic high blood pressure are at a higher risk for hemorrhagic strokes. Over time, hig...
How do anticoagulants affect someone with a hemorrhagic stroke?
Anticoagulants can worsen bleeding in the brain after a hemorrhagic stroke. When someone on anticoag...
Is the Level of Vitamin C in the Body Related to Stroke Risk?