When should I call my doctor if I am having a hemorrhagic stroke?

A hemorrhagic stroke is a serious, life-threatening condition that requires emergency treatment. The earlier a person with the condition gets treatment, the less damage to the brain will occur. Symptoms to watch out for include a sudden, excruciating headache; paralysis; difficulty speaking; and confusion. If you have these symptoms or see an individual you think might be experiencing a stroke, call for an ambulance.

Continue Learning about Hemorrhagic Stroke

How common are hemorrhagic strokes?
Strokes, including hemorrhagic strokes, are the fifth leading cause of death in the United States. A...
Is a hemorrhagic stroke fatal?
A hemorrhagic stroke is a serious condition that can be fatal. Strokes are the fifth leading cause o...
What is the difference between a hemorrhagic stroke and ischemic stroke?
Hemorrhagic strokes are the result of bleeding in the brain, which usually results when a blood vess...
Is the Level of Vitamin C in the Body Related to Stroke Risk?