What is a manual toothbrush?

A manual toothbrush is one where you move the toothbrush. You should use your arm and hard to create small circles to brush your teeth. In battery or electronic toothbrushes, these create the circular motion while you touch the brush to the tooth. A manual toothbrush can be just as effective if you brush correctly and for two minutes each time.
A manual toothbrush is a hand-held brush made out of hard plastic. The toothbrush has soft plastic bristles for cleaning the gums and between the teeth. Manual toothbrushes are manipulated by the person using it, moving the brush up and down over the teeth and gums to remove plaque, food, and debris.

Continue Learning about Healthy Oral Hygiene

how often should i have my teeth cleaned ?
You should have a dental exam and cleaning at least once a year. Twice a year is best. Dental exams ...
how does pycnogenol promote a healthy mouth ?
Pycnogenol is a plant chemical derived from the bark of a certain type of pine tree. It's though...
what happens at a dental cleaning ?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
A professional dental cleaning, also called a prophylaxis, is an important part of good oral hygiene...
how do i clean my teeth if i have braces ?
Good oral hygiene is especially important when braces are present. Brushing regularly, as direct...