How does semolina flour compare to whole wheat flour?

Semolina flour is higher in carbs than whole wheat flour. Whole wheat refers to the entire wheat kernel, including the bran, germ and endosperm. Semolina, or durum flour, is made from only the endosperm. Specifically, one cup of whole wheat flour contains 87 grams of carbs while one cup of semolina flour contains 122 grams.

Continue Learning about Healthy Foods & Cooking

6 Easy Ways to Double Up on Fruit and Veggies
Nine out of 10 Americans are trying (emphasis on trying, not doing) to munch more slimming, health-promoting, nutrient-packed produce. But a study rev...
What are some basic guidelines for healthy eating?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The best guidelines to follow are the 2010 Dietary Guidelines and MyPlate. The key messages for maki...
5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy
5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy5 Fall-Inspired Muffins That Are Actually Healthy
Your favorite autumn flavors—apple, pumpkin, cinnamon and more—baked into an easy and delicious morning meal.
Why Should I Wash All Fruit and Vegetables Before Eating?