How often should I eat meat for optimum health?

There is no consensus on how much meat we should eat to optimize health, but a diet rich in vegetables, fruits and low in saturated fats has been shown to reduce heart disease, certain cancers and diabetes. Select low fat meats and avoid salted or cured meats. Try to have fish at least twice per week. The serving size of meat should be no larger than the size of the palm of your hand.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eating Guidelines

5 Key Nutrients and How to Get Enough of Them
In a society that’s become so focused on losing weight, it’s second nature for many people to check nutrition labels for a single number: calories. An...
How can a salad cause weight gain?
Salads can cause weight gain when packed with other high calorie toppings. Learn more from our exper...
How do I ingest 4-5 servings of legumes, nuts or seeds weekly?
A serving of beans (legumes) is just 1/2 cup. Learn more from our experts about servings of legumes,...
What does Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) mean?
RDI stands for Recommended Daily Intake. Learn more from our experts about Recommended Daily Intake ...