What are some benefits of social interaction?

Ellen Frudakis
Health Education
Some of the many benefits of ongoing social interaction are:
  • A feeling of acceptance
  • The possibility for friendship
  • An increase in self-esteem
  • A chance to have fun
  • Access to social support when needed 

Continue Learning about Healthy Aging

Life Expectancy Increasing Around the Globe
Someday, we might all make it to our Betty White years. That's the gist of a new study published in The Lancet, which found that average life expectan...
Science-Backed Ways to Live to 100
Science-Backed Ways to Live to 100
While most of us might want to live to 100 and beyond, it’s very rare to do so—but some people have figured out how. They live in places called Blue Z...
10 Things That Don't Age Well
10 Things That Don't Age Well
1. Eyes. “Can I have a light with that menu?” Presbyopia will hit you after the age of 40. You will notice it's more difficult to focus on objects up ...
How does having an education affect the way I age?
How does having an education affect the way I age? Going to school and learning make you younger, an...