Do I need to join a gym to lose weight?

Absolutely not! While gyms are excellent places to use equipment to help you reach your weight loss and fitness, they are not necessary to lose weight. Losing weight is about increasing physical activity and decreasing caloric intake. This can be achieved anywhere by simply increasing your daily  activity and eating a sensible diet. Simple choices like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking further away while shopping and running errands, going for walks with your friends and family all contribute to increased caloric burn. When combined with a sensible diet this can lead to successful slow weight loss.  

The world is your gym. No need to join facility to build a healthy lifestyle. A successful weight loss program starts with your determination and motivation, the rest is easy. Start by changing your eating habits and incorporating exercise in to your daily life. Exercise does not require outside resources other than sheer will to get moving.
Senior Woman Using Gym Machine

Continue Learning about Gyms/Health Clubs

What should I be looking for in a gym environment?
What should I be looking for in a gym environment? A gym should feel comfortable and the staff shoul...
Do I need a gym membership?
It depends on your needs and goals. Gyms offer amenities and an environment many people find helpful...
What is the first thing I should do when I get to the gym?
As soon as you arrive at they gym begin your warm-up routine that should include foam rolling, stati...
What percent of Americans belong to health clubs?
About 16% of the American population (about 50.2 million) currently belongs to a health club. Learn ...