As the Nike logo goes, Just Do It! This reasoning may be easier said than done. Prior to joining any gym, figure out your fitness level. Are you active and ready to take your fitness to the next level but do not have the equipment needed? Or are you inactive and hope that joining a gym will help you become active? Both of these answers may be yes but you still need to find the appropriate facility for you. Now is the time to do your research. Here is a quick list of items you should use when visiting your next facility:
- Would this facility be on the way to or from work?
- If no to the above, would this facility be within 3-5 miles of your house?
- Does this facility offer personal training and/or the opportunity to meet with a trainer for free to see if personal training would be something of interest to you?
- Group exercise classes available? These are great ways to teach people exercise and often included with your membership
- Do you have to sign a contract and are there ways to get out of the contract?
Use these and more prior to deciding about joining. Lastly, many gyms will allow you a free day/week pass so try that out and that may help you decide.