Is anything wrong if I suddenly started seeing halos around lights?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
If you are seeing halos around lights then you may possibly be experiencing a symptom of acute angle-closure glaucoma, also known as closed-angle glaucoma. You should see a doctor as soon as possible if you are experiencing this, especially if the symptom is accompanied by severe pain in the eyes or blurred vision. Seeking medical attention as quickly as possibly is crucial to prevent any permanent damage.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma

What should I ask my doctor about glaucoma?
Review the following questions about glaucoma so you're prepared to discuss this important health is...
What is pigmentary open-angle glaucoma?
Louis B. Cantor, MDLouis B. Cantor, MD
Pigmentary glaucoma results when the pigment from the back of the colored portion of the eye (th...
What is angle-closure glaucoma?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Like other forms of glaucoma, angle-closure glaucoma has to do with pressure inside the eye. A norma...
What Are the Most Important Issues in Eye Health?