Is anything wrong if I suddenly started seeing halos around lights?

If you suddenly started seeing halos around lights, this may be due to one of several disorders of the eye. People who are developing cataracts may start seeing halos due to changes in the lens of the eye. Halos may also be due to visual problems such as near-sightedness, far-sightedness and astigmatism.
If you are seeing halos around lights then you may possibly be experiencing a symptom of acute angle-closure glaucoma, also known as closed-angle glaucoma. You should see a doctor as soon as possible if you are experiencing this, especially if the symptom is accompanied by severe pain in the eyes or blurred vision. Seeking medical attention as quickly as possibly is crucial to prevent any permanent damage.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma

What is angle-closure glaucoma?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Like other forms of glaucoma, angle-closure glaucoma has to do with pressure inside the eye. A norma...
What is open-angle glaucoma?
Laura C. Fine, MDLaura C. Fine, MD
Open-angle glaucoma is the most common form of glaucoma (a group of eye diseases that cause vision l...
How Have Advances in Molecular Biology Helped Eye Disease Treatments?
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?