What is the best way to take ginseng?

The best way to take ginseng is by mouth. Because one of the uses for the supplement is to lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes, it should be taken within two hours before or after eating a meal. If you are taking ginseng to boost your immune system and ward off colds or the flu, it can be taken for three or four months, twice a day. In all cases, however, ginseng should be taken as directed by your doctor. You should also know that herbs and supplements, such as ginseng are not strictly regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and should always be used with caution and under a doctor's supervision.

Continue Learning about Ginseng

Does ginseng boost immunity?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
It's not clear how the root of the ginseng plant works, but claims on behalf of Asian ginseng ar...
Can ginseng cause bruises on your skin?
Ginseng won't necessarily cause your skin to bruise, but it might make it bruise more easily whe...
Can I take ginkgo biloba and ginseng if I take BP medicine?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
You should discuss this with your doctor, especially the specialist prescribing the blood pressure m...
How Does Ginseng Work?
How Does Ginseng Work?