What will happen if I don't treat my acid reflux?

If you don't treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), complications can occur. These include ulcers, bleeding, and anemia (low blood count). Long-term GERD can also lead to scarring and narrowing of the esophagus (stricture), making it difficult to swallow, and Barrett's esophagus, which is a serious change in the cells lining the esophagus. If you have symptoms, see your doctor. Treatment can usually prevent these complications.

Continue Learning about GERD

7 ways to fight gerd
7 ways to fight gerd
sometim s the everyone : sig doctors s of usually recommend it for those with severe gerd symptoms who do not find sufficient relief from medication a...
is gastroesophageal reflux disease ( gerd ) a serious condition ?
SwedishSwedish
Although gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is not considered a serious condition, its impact on...
how common is gastroesophageal reflux disease ( gerd ) ?
Occasional heartburn is very common. Frequent heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) a...
what are the symptoms of acid reflux ?
Symptoms of acid reflux include: Burning pain behind the breastbone that may or may not radiate ...