How do I manage my genital herpes on a daily basis?

An outbreak of genital herpes should go away on its own in about 7 to 14 days. However, over-the-counter ointments such as lidocaine or benzocaine or pain relievers such as aspirin can help you manage your symptoms during this time. Icing the area can help to relieve any irritation, too.

Continue Learning about Genital Herpes

How is genital herpes transmitted?
Genital herpes is acquired by sexual contact with someone who is infected. It was once believed that...
How does genital herpes recur?
One of the most bewildering and frustrating aspects of genital herpes is the periodic outbreak of so...
How common is genital herpes?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Genital herpes is common. At least 45 million Americans age 12 and older have genital herpes. Genita...
Is genital herpes contagious?
Herpes simplex, the virus that causes genital herpes, is very contagious. To prevent catching th...