How can I treat gas after having gastric bypass?

Move! Movement will help the intestines wake up and move the gas out of the body.

Avoid gas producing foods like broccoli, cabbage, and cucumbers.

Drink plenty of water and most importantly move.

I know this seems hard because the pain can be intense at the shoulders and throughout, but taking narcotic pain medication slows the bowels and prolongs gas.

Walking will ease the pain. Take it slow and don't overdo it. When you are in the hospital, the doctor may have something like Mylicon or gas ex ordered for you, ask if you can take these at home, but never take anything over the counter without asking your doctor because your stomach pouch changes absorption of medications.

Continue Learning about Gastric Bypass Surgery (Roux-en-Y)

Double Trouble: Unexpected Result of Sleeve Gastrectomy
College Times says the top three movies to watch when you’re tipsy are Superbad, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. We ...
What is gastric bypass surgery?
If you are more than 80 pounds overweight for a woman or 100 pounds overweight for a man, your docto...
Bariatric Surgery Explained in 5 Clicks
Bariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 ClicksBariatric Surgery Explained in 5 Clicks
A surgeon describes what to expect from this popular weight loss surgery.
Will My Insurance Cover Weight Loss Surgery?