Why does pressure on my G-spot either make me need to pee or hurt?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed

The vagina does not go straight up and down. For most women, it is angled toward the abdomen. If you put pressure there, you might feel like you have to pee. That’s because you’re essentially pressing against the urethra, and your brain is interpreting that sensation as a need to pee.

It might also be that pressure against the G-spot just hurts. If that’s true for you, there are a couple things that might be causing the pain. The first is the G-spot itself. You might be one of the women not wired for pleasurable G-spot stimulation. Don’t worry -- there are plenty of other ways for you to have an orgasm. It might also be that the pain is related not the to G-spot but to penetration itself. Friction burns and can cause irritation. A last source of pain might be inflammation or infection of the vagina. Yeast infections, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and other imbalances of the vaginal flora can cause burning, itching, and irritation

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about G-Spot Stimulation

Where is the G-spot?
The G-spot seems elusive, but it's located behind the belly button, about one to two inches along th...
How long will mastering G-spot stimulation take?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
For most women, mastering G-spot stimulation takes practice. If you make orgasm your goal, chances a...
What are some general guidelines for exploring the G-spot?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
To sum up, I’ll give you three general guidelines to follow while you’re exploring the G-spot: Start...
How can my partner stimulate my G-spot?
Good In BedGood In Bed
If you'd like to stimulate your Grafenberg spot (G-spot), have your partner insert his index fin...