Why can G-spot stimulation take a long time and then hurt?

Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski on behalf of Good In Bed
The buildup required for orgasm stimulated by the G-spot is, for most women, long and slow and intense. Don’t worry about taking “too long” -- the longer it takes, the bigger the orgasm. Stop if it hurts. Learning about the G-spot and what it can do for you is recreational. You can have a perfectly satisfactory and happy sex life without ever doing anything with it -- and a lot of women do. Your decision to learn more about this intense new kind of stimulation is like a daily jogger deciding to run her first mini-marathon. It takes something you already know and love to a profound new level -- but it is a hobby, something you do for fun and pleasure, not because you have to. G-spot stimulation isn’t for everyone. If it hurts, stop.
The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

The Good in Bed Guide to Female Orgasms

Want to learn how to achieve 487 different kinds of orgasms?If so, you’re reading the wrong guidebook. Despite what many in the media would have you believe, there’s no such thing as a rainbow...

Continue Learning about G-Spot Stimulation

What are some general guidelines for exploring the G-spot?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
To sum up, I’ll give you three general guidelines to follow while you’re exploring the G-spot: Start...
How long will mastering G-spot stimulation take?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
For most women, mastering G-spot stimulation takes practice. If you make orgasm your goal, chances a...
Why does pressure on my G-spot either make me need to pee or hurt?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
The vagina does not go straight up and down. For most women, it is angled toward the abdomen. If you...
Why shouldn’t a woman be obsessed about finding the G spot?
Don't Obsess Over the G Spot: A recent study in the Journal of Sexual Medicine sparked controversy w...