The duration of treatment for fungal infections depends on whether it is a superficial fungal infection or a deep tissue fungal infection. Superficial fungal infections can take anywhere from a few days to a few months to heal. Deep tissue fungal infection can take up to two years to treat. In persons with weakened immune systems, the treatment and management of a fungal infection may take the rest of their lives.
- Q What is bronchopulmonary aspergillosis?
- Q How does my location affect fungal infections?
- Q What are deep tissue and superficial fungal infections?
- Q Are fungal infections contagious?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for fungal infections?
- Q How do fungal infections affect the body?